Getting Started with Web Tracks
Below are three sections to help you get started with Web Tracks Inventory, Service Desk, and Purchasing.
Getting started with Web Tracks Inventory
- If you started with a new database it is recommended that you rename the 'guest' user account to be the same as your network login ID. Open Admin--Lookup Tables--Users. Find and edit the guest account. Change the fields to match your network login.
- Have an Administrator of Web Tracks setup Application Settings related to Inventory.
- Create or import Web Tracks User Accounts who will be accessing inventory features and give them Inventory Access to Web Tracks.
- Configure Inventory lookup tables (choose Admin--Lookup Tables--Inventory Tables Group).
- Use Web Tracks Audit to inventory your Computers.
- Apply Asset Tags to computers, peripherals and software assets.
- Edit each Computer record in Web Tracks and enter the fixed asset information (information that was not collected through the audit).
- Add your Peripherals to the database.
- Add your Software Asset records to the database.
- Assign Software Assets to your Computers.
- Allocate Peripherals to Computers. You may want to do this if you want to keep peripherals assigned to a particular computer. For example, maybe you want a particular monitor to always go with a specific computer. If you do this, you can then view an asset report by workstation.
Not all of the above steps are required. You can decide the granularity of the assets you wish to track.
Getting Started with Web Tracks Service Desk
- Have an Administrator of Web Tracks setup Application Settings related to the Web Tracks Service Desk.
- Create or import Web Tracks User Accounts which will be accessing the service desk and give them Help Desk Access to Web Tracks (Help Desk Access is not required for end-users (non technicians) who only submit tickets).
- Configure Service Desk lookup tables (choose Admin--Lookup Tables--Service Desk Tables Group).
- Setup automated Email Preferences.
Getting Started with Web Tracks Purchasing
- Have an Administrator of Web Tracks setup Application Settings related to Web Tracks Purchasing.
- Create or import Web Tracks User Accounts which require access to the purchasing module and give them Purchaser Access to Web Tracks.
- Configure Purchasing lookup tables (choose Admin--Lookup Tables--Purchasing Tables Group).